2020 Spirit of Christmas
Click Here for the Parade Entry and Vendor Form
Click Here for the Food Vendor Entry Form
Christmas Parade & Vendor Information
- The annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will be December 3rd, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. on the Village Green. There will be caroling, refreshments for sale, the Tree Lighting and the Christmas Lights and Music show.
- The annual Millbrook Spirit of Christmas Parade will be Saturday, December 5th, 2020. The theme for this year’s parade is: “Home for the Holidays”. The Parade will start at 2:00 p.m. The Parade will begin at the Mill Creek Sports Complex behind Smokehouse Pit BBQ and will end at the intersection of Main & Coosada at the Millbrook Economic Development Center/Millbrook Area Chamber of Commerce (old City Hall).
- For both events we will be following current guidelines for wearing masks and encouraging social distancing due to Covid-19.
- Line-up for the parade is at the Mill Creek Sports Complex parking lots.
- People who are riding on floats must be dropped off at the back entrance to the sports complex by way of Demonbruen Drive off of Cobbs Ford Road. After the parade it would be easier for parents to pick up their children in back of the Village Green.
- All horses will be placed last in line at the end of the parade unless they have diapers.
- To be judged you must be in line and on your float by 12:30 p.m. This means your float must be decorated and people must be on your float for the judges to be able to judge your float. You can bring your float in early and leave it. Judges will view the floats and awards will be presented to the winners in the following categories: Best Representation of Theme, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in Schools, Churches, Clubs, and Businesses. Please have a banner or sign to identify your entry in the parade.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will be riding on Santa’s sleigh. Please don’t confuse the kids by having another Santa on your float.
- The Parade will end at the intersection of Main St. & Coosada Rd. at the Millbrook Economic Development Center/Millbrook Area Chamber of Commerce (the old City Hall). Your float can go straight or turn left and end at Park Circle.
- Please make sure you have enough candy to throw to last the entire parade route!!!!!!!
- There is no charge for Parade entries. We will not send out a line-up number. You will be shown to your line-up position the day of the parade. We will send you an acknowledgement of your entry form if you have an e-mail or FAX# on form.
- Booths for refreshments and concessions will open at 9:00 a.m. on the Village Green and stay open until 4:00 p.m. Booths are available for arts & crafts, and other items. You will be contacted by the Booth Chairman for approval of your booth. We try not to duplicate items in booth sales. You will also be contacted the day before the parade on where to set up. There will be a map posted on the Village Green showing your location.
- This year we have a separate application for Food Vendors due to Covid-19.
- There is a charge for each BOOTH entry. See booth fees on entry form.
- Please fill out the attached form completely. Please include an e-mail address or a FAX #.
- Parade and/or Vendor application is due before November 24, 2020.
- For more information, contact Kathy Kelley at 322-9871(cell) or 285-7231(wk) and ask for Linda.