Burn permits are issued at no charge and the Burn Permit Applicant must agree to the following conditions:
- Burn material must be restricted to “live growth” only.
- Fire must be attended at all times.
- Burn hours are from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM unless otherwise approved.
- No combustible material to be added after 4:00 PM.
- An approximately fifty (50) foot area around the burn site must cleared.
- A method of fire control must be maintained at the site during burning, i.e. water hose, tractor, etc.
- The burn pile must not be larger than five (5) feet tall and ten (10) feet in diameter. Burn ONE pile at a time. Approval is required if larger.
- Do not burn if the wind exceeds five (5) mph.
- Your Burn Permit must be kept at the burn site and presented upon request.
- Your Burn Permit may be revoked if complaints are received or the possibility of a hazardous situation develops.
** Illegal burning may be addressed with a citation which will include a minimum fine of $50 and a court appearance.